If only my dog and I spoke the same language …
This lack of a common language is the source of many a misunderstanding between dog and human. While we probably can't turn you into Dr. Doolittle, our training programs are designed to create strong communication channels between you and your dog helping you not only understand your dog's behavior, but also how to correct and avoid many common dog
behavior problems and bad habits.
All classes rely exclusively on positive reinforcement methods and are designed to be fun and rewarding for canine and human alike. Private lessons are also available.
Group classes are held throughout the year with all meet for one hour one day per week for six weeks. Call 802-877-3200 to find out when the next session starts and how to register.
- Puppy Kindergarten: Open to pups between 8-20 weeks of age this class covers basic training, housebreaking, socialization and all the basics of puppyhood. We'll even learn some fun tricks.
- Obedience: In the basic obdeience class dogs learn how to walk on a leash without pulling, sit and down-stay, wait at doors and come when called. The intermediate obedience class covers reinforcement of those skills learned in the basic class with additional distance and time control as well as some off-leash handling.
- Agility: A fun and exciting way to build your dog's confidence by learning to navigate jumps, tunnels, dogwalks and more. No prior training is necessary.
- Private Lessons: A great choice for those who prefer one-on-one training or have a limited schedule. This format allows you to focus in on particular areas of your dog's training and are held in the convenience of your own home.
- Behavior Consultations: A complete evaluation and custom tailored appraoch will be designed with you to best solve problems you may be having with your dog.
Did you know?
Obedience or agility training fulfills some crucial needs in your dog's life including exercise, mental stimulation, spending time with you and providing your dog with a job.